Apply for the Housing and Urban Development award for healthy homes
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), through its Office of Lead Hazard Control and Healthy Homes, and in partnership with the National Environmental Health Association, has announced its annual HUD Secretary’s Award for Healthy Homes.
HUD recognizes achievements in increasing the health of indoor environments through healthy homes research, education and program delivery, especially in low- to moderate-income communities. The awards, which cover four categories, share results from a range of housing and indoor environmental health programs nationwide, highlighting significant work on the relationship between living environments and resident health.
- Public housing/multifamily housing
- Policy and education innovation
- Cross-program coordination
Get more details from the awards announcement.
- February 28: Submission deadline at 11:59 p.m. EST
- May 1: Applicants notified of status
- June 27: Awards presented at the 2018 NEHA AEC and HUD Healthy Homes Conference in Anaheim, California
If not already NEHA members, applicants will need to create NEHA user accounts. If you have questions, please contact NEHA.