Ceramic, porcelain, and glass tile are sustainable products. There are a million choices. The best start to making a selection is to find a specialty tile store in your area with a large showroom.
- To save cost go with an inexpensive field tile like a 3x6 subway tile, and an expensive accent.
- Classic subway tile in a brick pattern never goes out of style.
Yes you always want to think about resale when doing any remodeling to your home.
- Most families will require at least one bath tub in the house for children.
- In my opinion the master bathroom no longer requires the large soaker tubs for resale.
- One large all tile or stone shower can sell your home. Make sure to include a seat, built in shampoo shelf, and accent banding around or an accent wall to make your shower unique.
Depending on the cost of your home a frameless shower door will give a high quality look. The cost difference is significant so check the price before you choose framed door or frameless.
For more information:
Read "Doing a bathroom remodel and need to replace shower pan, tile, etc. What is the greenest choice?" a Q&A answered by Rick Goyette.