Over the years, there has been much advancement in the development of low-VOC and no-VOC paints. Most of the name-brand companies carry a line of paints that fits into one of these categories.
Here are a few of the manufacturers and specifications you should look for in choosing a low or no-VOC paint.
- ICI Dulux Paint Centers (ICI Dulux Paints)
- Benjamin Moore & Co.
- PPG Industries, Inc. (Pittsburgh Paints)
- Sherwin-Williams Company
Limits to VOC content:
- Flat paints & coatings: 50 g/L
- Non-flat paints & coatings: 150 g/L
- Anti-corrosive coatings: 250 g/L
- Varnishes & sanding sealers: 350 g/L
- Stains: 250 g/L