Hello Maureen, you should note that evaporated form of mercury in a confined a/o warm space is of particular precautionary concern and so i'll point you to the CDC's quick "clean-up" guide for exactly this type of household spill; it applies similarly to these typically-small quantities found in old thermometers and thermostats. Here's the link, http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/mercury/docs/Residential_Hg_Spill_Cleanup.pdf
I just read your answer to a broken florescent bulb, I have never heard they can be dangerous if broken. Is that really true?
I just read your answer to a broken florescent bulb, I have never heard they can be dangerous if broken. Is that really true?Asked by maureen flynn
I broke one of those twist bulbs in my bedroom. I was putting it into a lamp and dropped it. That was last week and I, sad to say, haven't yet cleaned it up. I picked up the big pieces but not the rest. Just how dangerous are they?? Thanks