Mannington makes several vinyl tile flooring products; therefore, it is a bit challenging to advise you as to which adhesive to use.
Many manufacturers of finish products, like flooring, will void your product warranty if you do not use adhesives specified by them.
But first, I would like to suggest that you make inquiries as to whether the flooring product you have selected is FloorScore certified.
- FloorScore is a flooring product certification developed by the Resilient Floor Covering Institute (RFCI) in conjunction with Scientific Certification Systems (SCS).
- It tests and certifies hard surface flooring and flooring adhesive products for compliance with rigorous indoor air quality emissions requirements.
- Individual volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are evaluated using health-based specifications.
If you determine that the product is not FloorScore certified then I suggest you consider some other flooring options, such as those recommended in the GreenHomeGuide post "What would be a good green kitchen flooring for our beach house?" by Cynthia Phakos.
Assuming you have selected a flooring product that will not offgas VOCs, you can contact Mannington (1-800-FLOOR US) or maybe get in touch with a Mannington dealer in a nearby large city to ask about Mannington-approved adhesives for your specific floor product selection.
- Ask for products that have earned a FloorScore certification.
- For example, V-95 is a Mannington-approved resilient flooring adhesive but is typically used with their commercial-grade products.
Michelle, there are so many wonderful, durable and healthy floor product options on the market today that I encourage you to continue your product search until you find the right product for you and your home.