Here are a few easy to check and do it yourself items which might reduce the amount of flies in your home.
- On the exterior of your home, caulk all locations where window and door trim meets siding.
- Verify that no holes or openings are present where the house meets the foundation and at the overhangs.
- Verify that all screens are properly fit to the window openings and that all seals at the doors are in good condition to prevent entry of bugs and other critters.
- Caulk around windows and doors on the inside of the home where trim meets plaster, drywall or panelling.
- If you are on a crawlspace, verify that any exposed ductwork is sealed at their joints and intersections.
- Seal around all lightfixtures, outlet and switch locations.
- Not sure if you have kids, but make sure they clean up after themselves and not leave any food or drink out on the counters.
- Move your kitchen garbage can to the exterior of the home.
For more information:
Read Doug Smeath's tips article "Natural Pest Control."